- All Known Implementing Classes:
- UserDirectoryServiceSakai2Impl, UserDirectoryServiceStandaloneSectionsImpl
public interface UserDirectoryService
Facade to a user directory service provided by the framework.
String getUserDisplayName(String userUid)
- Looks up a user's display name based on their uid.
TODO See if there's some way to narrow this broad method. It's used only in two places:
1) When displaying a grade history log, it's used to obtain a grader's name based on their user UID.
In this case, it couldn't be replaced by checking just people who play an explict part in the
gradebook, since Authz may have let administrators change scores, or the grader may no longer play
an active part. The only workaround is to pick up the currently authorized user's name and then
store it as an additional field in the grade history log.
2) In the student view, it's currently used to display the student's name. This case could be
handled by supporting either a SectionAwareness getEnrollmentForUserUid() method or an Authn
String getUserEmailAddress(String userUid)
Copyright © 2011 Sakai Project. All Rights Reserved.